Monday 8 May 2017

Term 2!

I know that it is a week late, but...



Welcome back everybody!

My health had to come first last week I'm afraid, and I still need to take it easy this week.  I had all of the plates, screws, pins and wire removed from my ankle as well as an iron infusion to combat the anaemia that I didn't realise I was suffering from.  Just wait... give it a week and I will be running around the bike track with the rest of A1 on my new and improved ankle and amazing amounts of energy thanks to the transfusion!!

A1 was lucky to have Mrs Mills in our class last week.  She told me that she had an amazing time with the tamariki and that they all made her feel very welcome.  The letters that she worked on last week were 'w' and 'l'.  They also started our inquiry topic, 'Change', with experiments every afternoon with the teachers in the A Team.

This week our letters are 'k' and 'v', our big book is "What Does Greedy Cat Like?", and our poem is "Jellybean Tree".  We are looking at number recognition and patterns in maths, and our science afternoons are going to be carrying on for the rest of the week.  We are going to have a tsunami drill this week as well.  The children do not know about the drill but we will be discussing it as a class afterwards and the reasons why we have to have drills for things such as fires, lock downs, and earthquakes.

I am really excited about term 2 and the things we have planned for the tamariki.  Our budding scientists are so enthusiastic and eager to learn.  It makes me wish I was 5 again as well!

Have a fantastic week everybody!  I will hopefully see more of you all next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment